Looking for an exciting new developer position?
A business built on people
The Chat Shop was founded in 2012 to help companies better connect with customers through conversation. We combine strategic expertise with great people to deliver real results for our customers through live chat, chatbots and AI. We’ve won awards and doubled in size each year and we’re now looking to take the business to the next level, and want to find the right person to help support that change.
We’re a global business with team members and customers worldwide. Our team have delivered well over a million conversations to become the leaders and innovators in the market.
About the role
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Lead / Full stack engineer to drive forward their career by joining a fast-growing company in a prominent role. You’ll be joining our development team, in a full time, permanent position, with a key focus on developing the technology stack within the business.
Our projects include cutting edge technology like Natural Language Processing, Message queues, Statistical analysis and Data driven decisions.
We’re looking to take the stack and infrastructure development to the next level, and want to find the right person to drive efficiencies and continue to deliver an exceptional quality of service. Alongside the day to day, this role will focus on making our ambitious plans a reality and delivering on continuous improvement.
We offer the opportunity to get your hands dirty, to matter, and to make a difference.
Our ideal person
We are looking for someone with strong experience/ proven track record in the following:
- Implementing rich applications using Node.js, MongoDB and RabbitMQ.
- Experienced with version control systems.
- Experience with bundling and build tooling systems, like Git.
- Comfortable with CI/CD tools, like Circle CI.
- Experience as a lead developer, ideally in smaller teams
- Problem solver: able to get things done, going from problem to solution to improvement consistently
- Wholistic approach to user experience. You will need to decide on design patterns, implementation and everything involved in the process.
- Comfortable with modern tools and technology.
- Basic unix-like operating system usage (our tools are built for Linux and Mac).
- Good attention to detail
Behaviours and values
- Long-term strategic mindset
- Responsible and accountable
- Honesty, integrity and reliability
- Enjoy leading and motivating teams
- Commercial, professional and organised
- Comfortable with change and always looking creatively at how things could be better
- Transparent and collaborative in approach
- Willing to offer honest feedback
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic with personal willingness to learn
Want to apply? Just drop us an email...
Email your application to email@example.com
Be sure to include the following:
- Your up to date CV
- Tailored cover letter, delivered in a video or written format. To include:
- Why do you think you would make a great Lead developer?
- What about The Chat Shop interests you?
- When would you be available to start?
- Salary expectations?