Head of Sales and Client Experience
Are you looking for an exciting new business development role in a growing company?
A business built on people
We’re putting people back into digital. The Chat Shop deliver sales enablement and customer service through managed live chat, powered by AI, and chatbot solutions.
We help brands deliver a sales team their site never had. Our UK/US chat agents are highly trained on our customer’s brands, engaging visitors as they browse and using good old-fashioned conversation to drive an
average 8X ROI for the brands we serve. Our team lead the market in customer service, delivering statistics that crush global averages. And we’ve picked up some awards along the way.
It’s an exciting time in the chat space. As customers continue to want to connect later and later in their buying journey, live chat and chatbots continue to emerge as a powerful weapon for brands to connect with customers earlier in their decision process, moving them through the journey by winning the interaction in real-time.
The Chat Shop is a well-respected brand with a reputation for results and quality. We’ve got a great base of customers, and plan to become the dominant brand of our space.
About the role
We’re now looking to take the sales function to the next level, and want to find the right person to help support that change. We offer the opportunity to get your hands dirty, to matter, and to make a difference. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to drive forward their career by joining a fast-growing company in a prominent role.
Reporting into the Sales & Marketing Director you will act as Team Leader for the sales team – so people management skills are a must. You’ll be responsible for managing the day to day sales activities and working with our founders to deliver continuous improvement for the future.
Alongside the day to day, this role will focus on strategic planning to develop the sales function to make our ambitious business plans a reality.In terms of sales, you will be selling into marketing, sales, customer service.
From management to C-suite. You’ve got the enthusiasm and hunger to push forward with the company, becoming number one within the market we serve. You’ll be responsible for your own pipeline, working to grow in our existing markets, whilst scaling the size of customers we acquire in these verticals. You’ll be handling inbound and BDE generated appointments, as well as prospecting yourself, via phone and digital channels.
The role comes with a competitive package and other benefits.
We’re looking for an ambitious leader with a people-centric approach to sales.
We want someone who knows how to develop long-term relationships and create business opportunities. We sell a service rather than a product – so we are looking for a sophisticated B2B approach which promotes our values and puts the client experience first.
We’re not looking for a sales person who has a short-term approach to meeting targets at any cost. We don’t want a chancer. We are looking for a strategic, well-considered and conscientious approach to our sales activities – with the focus on long-term results. Adding value to the sales process is key in today’s market and this is our focus.
In short, we’re not just looking for a sales person but someone who can deliver an overall client experience.
- Able to act with honesty, integrity and enthusiasm.
- Professional, organised, reliable and trustworthy.
- Strategic and tactical capabilities – can deliver improvements today
and help plan for a better tomorrow.
- Strong experience in a client facing role (sales and
marketing/account management, project management- ideally B2B
in a solutions sales environment/mid-market and enterprise
- Sales skills: new business development skills (from prospecting to close). Experience of selling in selling digital/tech/MRR/BPO solutions is ideal.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Confident and driven to succeed.
- Passion for digital.
- People skills: excellent communicator (written and verbal), active listener.
- People management experience: a supportive and developmental approach
- Results oriented with a commercial mindset.
- Willing to offer candid and honest feedback up and down the management chain.
- Comfortable with change, and always looking at how things could be better.
- Problem solver: able to get things done, going from problem to solution to improvement consistently.
- Transparent and collaborative in approach.
- Inquisitive with a willingness to learn.
- Experience in a fast growth people business is a bonus.
Want to apply? Just drop us an email...
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV and tailored cover letter, delivered in a video or written format
- Responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in applying for this role?
- Why do you think you would make a great Head of Sales & Client
- What about our company interests you?
- How do you think you can contribute to this role?
- Do you have previous experience which applies to this role?
- Can you please confirm your notice period?